It’s that time of year again… time for Booktube-A-Thon!!
Booktube-A-Thon is an annual read-a-thon that was created by the unbelievably energetic Ariel Bissett. She is an awesome booktuber on YouTube and I totally recommend that you check out her channel. This is the third year that Booktube-A-Thon has taken place and it is a very popular event amongst the booktube community. There is even a YouTube channel for this read-a-thon for anyone who is interested in participating and you can find that channel here. Ariel has done a wonderful job providing videos about the read-a-thon, the challenges, and who will be hosting throughout the week.
Booktube-A-Thon is happening from August 3rd to August 9th and I am so excited to participate. This will be my first year and I can’t wait to start reading and tackling those challenges. I probably have mentioned this a few times but I LOVE participating in read-a-thons and this one is no exception. In addition to the reading challenges for Booktube-A-Thon, there are also video challenges that are posted everyday for people to do. I am currently on vacation with my family in Cape Cod which is just perfect timing in regards to this read-a-thon because I will have tons of time to read but I do not plan on doing the video challenges. I think it will be too much and I don’t want to take time away from reading especially when I am going to be extremely ambitious to try and complete all 7 reading challenges.
The 7 reading challenges for this year’s Booktube-A-Thon are:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover.
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name
3. Read someone else’s favourite book
4. Read the last book you acquired
5. Finish a book without letting go of it
6. Read a book you really want to read
7. Read seven books
Like I said above, I am going to be very, very ambitious for this read-a-thon. Amongst the books I have selected, I am attempting to read the first 3 books of the Beautiful Bastard series by Christina Lauren along with finishing Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano which I am almost halfway through. Here are all the books I plan on reading:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover. The Veil by Chloe Neill
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano
3. Read someone else’s favourite book Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen (Bekah AwesomeBookNut‘s favorite book)
4. Read the last book you acquired Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
5. Finish a book without letting go of it This One Summer by Jillian and Mariko Tamaki
6. Read a book you really want to read Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren
7. Read seven books Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren
Anybody else participating in the Booktube-A-Thon?? If yes, comment down below.
Unlike my last read-a-thon, I will be doing daily update blogposts.
See you tomorrow, and as always, happy reading 🙂