So this post may be super late, but nonetheless here is my Booktube-A-Thon 2015 wrap-up.
My expectations for this read-a-thon did not match up with reality as this is my first post since my Booktube-A-Thon TBR and when I posted my TBR I talked about how I would be doing daily updates/progress blogposts throughout the read-a-thon. Obviously that did not happen, nor did it happen for my last read-a-thon but that is an entirely different issue. Even though my expectations in regards to posting on this blog fell flat, I still managed to read 3 books and complete 3 challenges for the Booktube-A-Thon which I am very satisfied with. I am always ambitious with my reading for read-a-thons so it really should come at no surprise that I wouldn’t get to all the books I planned on reading for Booktube-a-thon considering I was on vacation with my family but that is only going to make me try harder for the next read-a-thon.
Here are the challenges and the books I planned on reading for each. Let’s see how I did:
1. Read a book with blue on the cover. The Veil by Chloe Neill
2. Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano COMPLETED
3. Read someone else’s favourite book Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen (Bekah AwesomeBookNut‘s favorite book)
4. Read the last book you acquired Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren COMPLETED
5. Finish a book without letting go of it This One Summer by Jillian and Mariko Tamaki COMPLETED
6. Read a book you really want to read Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren
7. Read seven books Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren
Total pages read: 850 pages
I enjoyed the books that I read but only one of the books really stood out to me as one that will be going on my favorites list. Here are my ratings for each of the books:
Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano – 4.5/5 stars
Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren – 3/5 stars
This One Summer by Jillian and Mariko Tamaki – 3.5/5 stars
**Reviews for these books will be up ASAP**
If you would like to hear what I thought about any one of the books above let me know in the comments!
Overall, I enjoyed participating in the Booktube-A-Thon for the first time. I learned a lot of things that will help me when I participate in the next one, which of course I will be doing. Hope everyone else who participated had a good time as well!
If you did participate in the Booktube-A-Thon, leave a comment down below and tell me how you did, or what your favorite book was that you read. Mine was definitely Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano. I am already reading the second book in this dualogy, Nearly Found, that is how much I loved it.
Until next time…. Happy Reading 🙂